- Here is the event report of a one-day Education and International Development : an exploration of good practice” conference, hosted by the Scotland Malawi Partnership, NIDOS, the Scottish Fair Trade Forum, IDEAS, LINK Community Development, Edinburgh University and the Cooperative Education Trust Scotland on the 27th April 2012.
- Pictured with Ken Stewart, Chair of UNA Edinburgh International Development Group and Dr Gari Donn, Chair of UNA Scotland are 3 new UNA members who are also represented in Dr Frank Prior’s ID team and are presently working on an investigative Project for Dr Prior and UNA Edinburgh.Seated is Frank’s team leader Dr Jenny Lucietti of the University of Edinburgh and Trinity College, Cambridge who is the group’s leader in physics and maths. Jenny has just been awarded the Ernest Rutherford Fellowship Award by the UK’s prestigious Science and Technology Facilities Council. This is awarded to outstanding researchers at an early stage of their career. Jenny currently works between Edinburgh, Cambridge and the Large Hadron Collider project for CERN which is based in Geneva, Switzerland. This is the world’s largest and highest energy particle accelerator. UNA Edinburgh and Dr Prior’s team are very fortunate to have her services. Two talented UNA Edi Interns are assisting Frank and Jenny with research and are also pictured. They are Ivanka Micheda and Olubukola (Bookie) Tokede from Heriot Watt University Department of Engineering. This photograph was taken with the permission of UNA Committee Member Rob Crawford during the very successful MUN at George Watson’s College from 23 to 25/3/12.
- Working Group Report to Branch Committee 23/3/12
- The Group explored health issues in Sub Saharan Africa at its meeting on 12 December 2011 and enjoyed excellent presentations by Dr Liz Grant of the University of Edinburgh who delivered a memorable presentation on palliative care in Africa and by Dr Rachna Sharma of Health4U who produces educational DVDs to assist health education in developing nations. Our IDWG media Interns Aleksandra Jurczak (film) and Gordon Smith (journalist) conducted an excellent interview with Rachna which you can watch here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Working Group Report to AGM 2011
- Working Group Report to Branch Committee 30/9/11
- Scottish Parliament Cross Party Group on International Development 20/9/11
- Dr Roger Leakey, our UNA Edinburgh International Development Working Group member, has been asked to present a paper to the influential United Nations Trade and Industry Review report of 2011 (UNCTAD). We will shortly publish Roger’s paper when released by the UN. See more here 19/8/11.
- Working Group Interim Report 1/8/11
- Working Group Report to Branch Committee 24/6/11
Working Group Convener:
Mr Kenneth H Stewart
Tel. No.: 44 (0) 1875 853888