We held a major international conference on “A Middle East Free of Weapons of Mass Destruction: The Challenges” on 28 May 2012. 120 delegates attended the event which was held at the Scottish Parliament.
The Conference was sponsored by Malcolm Chisholm MSP.
Bruce Crawford MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Parliamentary Business and Government Strategy, welcomed delegates on behalf of the Scottish Government.
Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Chair, UNA-UK, former UK Ambassador to the UN, chaired the Conference.
- Click here to see the full Conference Report
- For a video of the conference by Aleksandra Jurczak, follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dbBl2cpTE
- Here is a the text of a New World magazine article about the Conference by Gari Donn, Convener of UNA Scotland. New World is the magazine of UNA-UK. See: http://www.una.org.uk/.
- See also UNA-UK Briefing Report ‘Towards a more secure and WMD-free Middle East‘, written by Mark Fitzpatrick, Director of the Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Programme at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) in London.
- Kate Kilburn attended a subsequent meeting on our behalf on 20 June at the House of Commons of the All-Party Parliamentary Groups on the UN and Global Security and Non-proliferation on the topic “Towards a more secure and WMD-free Middle East”. Here is her report 2012 Middle East Conference Progress Report
Back to Nuclear Non-Proliferation